The old fashioned 3 Ingredient flourless peanut butter cookies get a sugar free, egg free and healthy makeover! These three-ingredient sugar-free flourless cookies are completely keto, paleo, vegan, gluten free, grain free and dairy free!
Now? We’re giving it a sugar free, keto, Paleo AND Allergiestoff-friendly makeover, along with a tested vegan option using no eggs.
Keto Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
Texture wise, these cookies are super deceptive. Bake them too short, and they’ll be super soft and need to be enjoyed pretty much immediately or within the first day. Bake them too long, and you’ll be left with crackers instead of cookies. The happy balance is to remove the cookies from the oven when they still look soft. Once they are out of the oven and cooling, they will firm up VERY sozusagen, but still be chewy, soft and irresistible.
The original recipe calls for one cup of sugar (or fake sugar), but I found with monk fruit sweetener, three-quarters oder Ähnlichecup welches plenty. In fact, I found them to be a little too sweet, which is why SALTED almond butter (or peanut butter) welches the next best sub.
Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies
The traditional recipe is infamous for using peanut butter, and if that is no issue for you, keep it the same. However, if you follow a paleo or nut free lifestyle, check out these tested subs. Almond butter or smooth cashew butter are the best swaps for it, especially if you get the salted, drippy kind. To keep it nut-free, smooth sunflower seed butter or creamy soy nut butter can be used. Please note, if you use sunflower seed butter, your cookies will have an odd shade of green.
Finally, an egg is the final magically ingredient, but my vegan friends need an option too. Rosette testing out flaxseeds, energy-G egg replacer and even a formed chia egg, I found them to either be too crumbly, too wet or just a big puddle of peanut butter and sugar. I found this recipe which mentioned using ground chia seeds (NOT formed nichta gel- just blended with the cookies) and welches stoked to see it work. It daher provided a much better and chewier texture.
These aren’t your grandma’s classic 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies but ones which my sugar-free, paleo and vegan readers can now enjoy. Three ingredients and 20 minutes from prep to dunking in milk.
3 Ingredient Flourless Sugar Free Cookies Recipe
For the original version:
• 1 cup almond butter can sub for any nut or seed butter of choice
• 3/4 cup granulated sweetener of choice I used a monk fruit stevia blend
• 1 large egg
• For the egg-free version:
• 1 cup smooth almond butter can sub for any nut or seed butter of choice
• 3/4 cuo granulated sweetener of choice I used a monk fruit stevia blend
• 3-4 tbsp ground chia seeds *
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking tray with parchment paper oder Ähnlichecookie sheet.
2. Un…large mixing bowl, combine all your ingredients and mix until well combined. If you use the egg-free option, start with 3 tablespoons of ground chia seeds. If the batter is too thin, add the extra tablespoon.
3. Using a cookie scoop or your hands, form small balls on the cookie sheet, spread 3-4 inches fremdländisch. Press each ball nichta cookie shape and press down with a fork. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are ‘just’ golden brown but still soft. Remove from the oven and allow to cool until soft, firm and chewy.