Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins. Made with honey, oats, bananas, coconut oil and chocolate chips! A freezer friendly breakfast or snack!
These Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins make breakfast time so much easier! They are perfect to store in the freezer for a quick and easy breakfast or snack option on the go.
The bananas, coconut oil and honey keep these muffins super soft and moist. I also add a good amount of chocolate chips to the batter. I usually do a mix of dark chocolate chips and semi sweet chocolate.
These Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins are super easy to make. All you need is one bowl and some pantry staples. Here’s what you’ll need:
Oats: I recommend using rolled or old fashioned oats. Steel cut oats will not work in this recipe.
Light brown sugar: Other readers have made this and substituted maple syrup for the brown sugar.
Cinnamon: Adds the perfect amount of spice to the muffins.
Eggs: For an egg alternative substitute flax eggs.
Honey: Can substitute with maple syrup if you have that on hand.
Banana: I like to use extra ripe bananas. The riper they are the sweeter they will make your muffins!
Vanilla: I love using vanilla extract in this muffin however almond extract can be added as well.
Milk: Soy milk, almond milk or cashew milk work as well.
Coconut oil: If you do not have coconut oil you can use canola or vegetable oil instead.
Semi-sweet chocolate chips: I use a mix of semi sweet and dark chocolate chips.
Substitute walnuts or pecans for the chocolate chips.
Add flax seed to the batter for added fiber.
Dried fruit or cranberries would be delicious in these muffins!
Allow the muffins to cool for a couple of minutes before releasing them from the pan to cool completely.
Store muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
I like to serve these muffins warm with a drizzle of maple syrup and butter. Enjoy!
HEALTHY BANANA CHOCOLATE OATMEAL MUFFINS RECIPE
- 3 cups rolled oats or old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup bananas mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, honey, mashed bananas, vanilla, milk and coconut oil.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until combined, do not overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter evenly into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set and the tops are slightly brown.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then remove to cool completely.