Want a simple low carb, 1 pan dinner? I have got you covered! This Keto Sausage and Cabbage Skillet is prepared in under 20 minutes and contains less than 6 carbohydrates per serving!
Among my favourite items is putting recipes out and seeing what people respond to. It’s so intriguing because occasionally I print a recipe that my family is obsessed with but it does not appear to find much traction. And there are other instances I place something that I do not think will be hot but it goes crazy.
It’s simply interesting to see what tendencies, occasionally there are big surprises such as this. You men LOVE this one! Therefore I decided to share one of my head to”I am too tired to cook tonight” low carbohydrate foods. It’s also performed in under 20 minutes and needs only 1 pan. It simply does not get any better than this, but does it?
This truly is the simplest dinner and it’s such few components. Without washing or rinsing your pan add 1 tbsp of butter, 2 tsp of garlic along with 4 cups of sliced cabbage. Give the cabbage a great stir and sprinkle with pepper, salt, onion powder and paprika. Fry the cabbage, stirring over medium heat till it reaches your desired tenderness. Should you like your own cabbage to have a pinch this may require 5-6 minutes but should you’d like your cabbage to be somewhat tender the cooking period will be nearer to 10. The last step is to bring the cooked smoked sausage back in the skillet and stir fry.
Keto Sausage and Cabbage Skillet
- 1 12 ounce package of smoked sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 4 cups cabbage chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 onion powder
- 1/4 paprika
- Heat a 12 inch skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray or add 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Brown the sliced smoked sausage until lightly crisp.
- Remove sausage from skillet and set aside.
- Add butter, garlic, chopped cabbage, and spices and stir well.
- Fry cabbage to your desired tenderness. If you would like more crunch this will take 3-4 minutes. If you like your cabbage very tender it will cook closer to 10 minutes.
- When the cabbage reaches your desired texture add the cooked sausage and stir until heated through.