This recipe for Mediterranean quinoa salad will quickly become a staple in your kitchen. It’s perfect to enjoy on its own, bring to a potluck, or as a side! It gets even more delicious as it sits and is made with simple ingredients.
A HEALTHY QUINOA SALAD RECIPE EVERYONE WILL LOVE
If there’s one type of food I eat on the reg it’s definitely quinoa. I usually take some time on Sundays to do some meal prep, which ALWAYS includes preparing a pot of quinoa. This way I know I’ll have some on hand to use for breakfast quinoa, in salads or even to make a batch of my black bean quinoa burgers.
This Mediterranean quinoa salad is it’s so simple to put together and is definitely a crowd-pleaser. This quinoa is my new go-to for potlucks, BBQ’s, brunches and dinner parties. It even holds up great in the fridge after being dressed!
RECIPE TIPS AND VARIATIONS
If there’s any ingredient in this salad you’re not particularly a fan of, you can simply leave them out, or even replace them with something else.
You can try adding fresh tomatoes in addition to or in place of sun-dried tomatoes, parsley instead of basil, roasted red peppers instead of fresh red peppers…the possibilities here are endless!
I like to prepare my quinoa in advance and keep in the fridge until it is completely cool before adding the other ingredients. This way the quinoa doesn’t warm up the salad.
This salad is great to bring to a potluck, picnic or a bbq!
salad dressing being poured onto a quinoa salad
If you tried this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!
MEDITERRANEAN QUINOA SALAD RECIPE
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked (about 1 cup uncooked)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, cut in half
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (*use vegan feta cheese if needed)
Lemon oregano dressing:
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- To prepare the salad mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. If there is any ingredient you like more of feel free to add more!
- Mix all the salad dressing ingredients together in a small jar. Cover with the lid and shake until incorporated.
- Pour half the salad dressing onto the quinoa salad and give it a taste. If you like more dressing, add more. Otherwise reserve leftover dressing for other salads.