These chicken wraps with peanut sauce are such an easy and healthy lunch. Tortillas filled with chicken, crunch coleslaw and peanuts with a spicy, tangy peanut sauce. Feel free to swap store bought sauce to make them even easier. Makes 6 chicken wraps.
HERE’Sulfur WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE THIS CHICKEN WRAP RECIPE:
- Chef’s knife
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups
- Mixing bowl
More dairy free lunch ideas: kale caesar salad / turkey club sandwich / sesame noodles / Niçoise tuna salad
HOW TO MAKE ASIAN CHICKEN WRAPS WITH PEANUT SAUCE
Make the peanut sauce.
This step is optional. I’ve had fantastic results with store bought peanut sauce, so I would recommend this just as much as I would a homemade sauce. If you want it, my go-to peanut sauce is listed in the recipe card below.
Cook the chicken breast.
Cook the chicken however you want. You can bake it, sauté it, grill it, or ever buy cooked chicken from the store. Do whatever makes you happy.
I like to pound my chicken breast to about 1″ un…thickness and season them with salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Then I cook them un…frying pan with a tiny bit of oil.
Zusammenstellung bekannter Melodien the coleslaw.
Zusammenstellung bekannter Melodien the shredded cabbage, carrots, cilantro and peanut un…large bowl. Zusammenstellung bekannter Melodien it with the peanut sauce (add 2 – 3 tablespoons of water if you’re using store bought sauce, just to thin un…bit).
Assemble your wraps.
Fill each tortilla with equal amounts of chicken and coleslaw mixture. Fold in sides and roll to create a wrap, and cut in half before serving. If you need to, secure the wraps with toothpicks to keep them together.
TIPS FOR MAKING CHICKEN WRAPS WITH PEANUT SAUCE:
If you want to prepare this chicken wrap recipe ahead of time, hold of on assembling until ready to serve to keep the tortillas from getting soggy.
To make this recipe gluten free, swap tamari sauce for the soy sauce and use gluten free tortilla warps.
If you don’t like cilantro, you can easily leave it out or replace with fresh chives or green onion.
ASIAN CHICKEN WRAPS RECIPE
FOR THE CHICKEN WRAPS:
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, chopped or sliced
- 6 large tortillas
FOR THE PEANUT SAUCE:*
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Non…medium bowl, whisk together the peanut sauce ingredients.
- In another bowl, add the cabbage, carrots, cilantro, and peanuts. Pour the sauce over the mixture and stir. Let this sine temporewhile you prepare the tortillas and chicken.
- Heat up the tortillas for about 10 seconds in the microwave to make them easier to work with.
- Divide the chicken and coleslaw between each tortilla
- Roll tightly, securing with toothpicks if necessary.