All these Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes will require your taco night into a fresh and wholesome degree! Nutritious sweet potatoes are all full of your favorite taco toppings and prepared in under 20 minutes. The great quick and wholesome dinner!
I love recipes in which you can”things” something. Mushrooms, bell peppers, celery, pasta, and notably sweet potatoes, only make such yummy vessels for a myriad of yummy offerings.
And making virtually anything into a taco, my favourite food, is a critical passion for mine. If you are a taco lover also, then you’re likely to adore this recipe!
Eating more sweet potatoes is a excellent way to bring a little excess nutrition in your diet plan. They also:
Are packed with vitamins, especially C and A, which can be crucial for your immune system
Have anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties that help prevent aging and disease
Encourage a healthy cardiovascular system and also are filled with heart healthy potassium
Are a fantastic source of fiber to encourage a well functioning digestive tract
Support healthy eyesight
TACO STUFFED SWEET POTATOES
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- 4 medium sweet potatoes about 12-14 ounces each
- shredded Mexican blend cheese
- diced tomato
- diced avocado or guacamole
- sour cream
- Brown ground beef, chopped onion, and garlic in a large skillet over medium high heat. Drain grease and add the taco seasoning and salsa.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook for about 5 more minutes until mixture has thickened and is heated through. Add up to 1/2 cup of water to achieve desired consistency.
- While the meat is cooking, poke holes all over the sweet potatoes and cook in the microwave for 8-10 minutes on high, turning sweet potatoes over once halfway through. If potatoes aren't soft enough, continue cooking 1-3 minutes more. I usually cook two potatoes at one time, but if your microwave allows, you could cook all four at once. Allow sweet potatoes to cool slightly, then slice them lengthwise and fluff the insides with a fork.
- Spoon the cooked taco meat over the sweet potatoes and add desired toppings such as shredded cheese, diced tomato, avocado, guacamole, or sour cream. Enjoy!